Re: Pointing and adding clarification and one incorrect sentence

Hi Yves, all,

for tracker this is now issue-59.

Am 05.12.12 14:55, schrieb Yves Savourel:
> Hi Felix, all,
>
> a) --- pointing and adding:
>
> Just a request for confirmation:
>
> In this Disambiguation example we have pointers for some information and we set the granularity:
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/examples/html5/EX-disambiguation-html5-rdfa.xml
>
> So we do use pointing and adding information at the same time.

Correct.

> And since we say in section 2.3: "...That is to say, attributes for pointing and adding must not appear at the same rule element." I assume we really mean to say: "...That is to say, attributes for pointing and adding **the same information** must not appear at the same rule element."

Good point. Do you want to change the formulation in sec. 2.3 like the
above and update the change log?

> In other words: we can use a non-pointer attribute for information ABC and a pointer attribute for information XYZ, right?
> If that is correct we may want to clarify this next time we edit the draft. (I don't think it needs to be done now).

Makes sense to me.

> b) --- incorrect sentence:
>
> In section 2.3 we say: "The functionality of adding information to the selected nodes is available for each data category except Language Information."
>
> That is incorrect as now we have at least External Resource and Target Pointer that have only pointer attributes.
>
> I would just remove the sentence as it doesn't really add much to the specification.

The sentence following the one you mention is also out of date:

" Pointing to existing information is not possible for data categories
that express a closed set of values; that is: Translate, Directionality,
Locale Filter and Elements Within Text."

How about replacing the whole paragraph by something like this:

"The [link] data category overview table in section 8.1. provides an
overview of what data categories allow to point to existing information
or to add information."