Re: action-194 Work on issue-42, provide examples and template for various data categories

Phil.

From:   Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
To:     "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org"
<public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>,
Date:   28/08/2012 12:56
Subject:        action-194 Work on issue-42, provide examples and template
for  various data categories

Hi all,

below is an initial input to action-194. I will not provide a template at
the moment, first I would like to get agreement on the analysis below.

1) Harmonization of metadata
All three data categories have simliar definitions:
Related to tools producing metadata or textual content: mtProducer /
mtEngine / textAnalyisEngine
Related to score: mtConfidenceScore and textAnalysisConfidenceScore

Proposal:
- harmonize the way tools are identified: e.g. via a URI. Harmonize the
way tool settings are identified (if needed), e.g. related to languages
involved.
- harmonize the score values, e.g. 0-100 integer values.  <pr>I would
require these to be real/decimal values.</pr>
There is profile information in locQualityIssue - I don't know how to
integrate that into the above harmonization. Any ideas?
2) Scope of metadata. For all three data categories, the tool related
information is something that needs to be set just once. So it is separate
to the scoring information for mtConfidence and textAnalysis. At the
moment I don't have an idea how to resolve this. I just know that
introducing new inheritance mechanisms would break compatibility with ITS
1.0. It would also disallow me to continue the ITS implementation I am
working on, since that relies on these mechanisms.
Thanks,

Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow

--