Re: [ACTION 189] Split special requirements into several data categories

On 17.8.2012 11:41, Arle Lommel wrote:

> Forbidden Characters
> Did we decide to go with just a list, or with the limited reg-ex that I had proposed and Yves simplified? I seemed that there was support for the latter, but I could be wrong. At the very least it seems Shaun and Yves want this, so I think we should make a decision before moving this into the spec. (Note that if we go that route, it would invalidate the current examples because they are using the comma as a separator)

We should be aware that in XML 1.0 it is impossible to express many C0
and C1 characters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C0_and_C1_control_codes)
which are usual adepts for forbidden characters. Wouldn't it be better
to specify allowed characters instead?

I think that regular expressions are good enough for this, but instead
of reinventing our own subset I would prefer to use syntax defined by
XML Schema 1.0 or by XPath 2.0/XSLT 2.0 (which is slightly extended XML
Schema syntax).

    Jirka