Re: [all] Call for consensus on disambiguation - feedback integrated [ACTION-181]

Hi Tadej, all,

thanks a lot for this. Just a few comments / questions:

1) About "The information applies to the textual content of the element,
including child elements and attributes.": wouldn't it make more sense to
say that this applies to only the content of the element? E.g. if you
annotate the "span" element in

class="lastname">Berners-Lee</span></span> in the olympics opening
ceremony</p>

You want to express disambiguation information about the "span" element
with the "id" attribute, but not about the "id" attribute or the nested
span elements. So inheritance probably should be: "There is no
inheritance". What do you think?

2) About "The Entity data category can be expressed with global rules, or
locally on an individual element.": This should probably be "The
Disambiguation data category can be expressed with global rules, or locally
on an individual element."

3) About local markup: for other data categories, we don't have the
"pointer" attributes as local markup, since processing of XPath in local
markup can be very expensive. So I would propose to drop the local pointer
attributes here too.

4) In the table at the end, "Global pointing to existing information"
should be "yes" I think.

5) This selector
<its:disambiguation selector="/text/body/p/#dublin" ...
In XPath should be
<its:disambiguation selector="/text/body/p[@id='dublin']

6) To follow the conventions from other data categories, the
"its:disambiguation" element should probably be called
"its:disambiguationRule".

7) A question on the data category in general and the "rules" element: does
it make sense to make some attributes mandatory? Currently, this would be
valid:
<its:disambiguation selector="/text/body/p[@id='dublin']/>

8) A question to the others in this thread (Guiseppe, Pablo, Raphael,
Sebastian): is this a representation that makes sense to you and that your
tools could produce?

9) A question to the MT guys: is the way "entity and disambiguation"
information is represented here useful for you?

>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-multilingualweb-**
>>> lt/2012Jul/0280.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jul/0280.html>
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-multilingualweb-**
>>> lt/2012Jul/0288.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jul/0288.html>