From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:45 AM
To: Yves Savourel
Cc: Shaun McCance; public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: Re: [ACTION 107] Locale Filter

Good point, Yves, I tried to implement this at
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#LocaleFilter

2012/8/1 Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Hi Felix, Shaun,

I had implemented the version with 'all/none' and I've now changed it to the one without 'none/all': From the implementation viewpoint there is no measurable difference in complexity.

>From a user viewpoint now we always have two attributes, so it is a bit more verbose to express all/none, but I suppose it is a bit more clean too.

One detail:

The text says 'The list of language ranges is a comma-separated list of basic language ranges, or the wildcard "*"'

But BCP47 defines the 'basic language range' in a way that includes "*": 'A "basic language range" has the same syntax as an [RFC3066] language tag or is the single character "*".'

So a list of basic language ranges could be localeFilterList="fr,*,de".

If we want to exclude "*" from multi-values lists, we should specify something like:

'The list of language ranges is a comma-separated list of one or more language tags as defined in RFC3066 or a lone wildcard "*"' (or something of that effect).

Cheers,
-ys

--
Felix Sasaki