Re: URL for chart of workflow and metadata

On 4/12/2012 1:10 PM, Dave Lewis wrote:
> Arle,
> This is a great tool for helping us organise and consolidate the data categories. The
> hierarchical structure is helpful also.
>
> Some initial comments:
>
>> A few notes:
>>
>>   1. I think that the scenario here is probably missing a few steps
>>      (like integration of QA/revision with existing linguistic
>>      resources). I did add a few that weren't covered, but we may want
>>      to add more.
>>
> Yes, I think we need to add at least:
> - an MT engine training step. Declan, Dan, Pedro, any thoughts on the
> best name for this? Also should we distinguish between SMT training and
> EBMT 'training'/configuration?
> -  a postediting step under 'translation', since this may have some
> distinct meta-data requirements from human- and machine-only translation.
>
> We could also consider:
> - a text analytics training/configuration step - Tadej, any thoughts on
> this?

I think that TA training has a similar role in the architecture than MT
training, they both make sense as auxiliary workflow steps (whose output
is some model for annotation/translation).

Usually the best practice for this in TA training is to train on the
same format as you would normally output, whatever that may be. The data
categories' data model can therefore stay the same, the additional
column would be simple: whatever the training could consume, the
generation would generate. So we could just say that the same component
should also consume the term/named entity/genre/domain/etc annotation in
order to train itself.

-- Tadej