From: Karl Fritsche [mailto:karl.fritsche@cocomore.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 3:06 AM
To: Multilingual Web LT-TESTS Public; public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: Testoutput - Provenance - Inheritance

Hi all,

I stumbled about a problem with the expected test output for the Provenance data category.

In 8.1. Position, Defaults, Inheritance and Overriding of Data Categories [1] we are stating out, that Provenance has the following Inheritance: "Textual content of element, including child elements and attributes". Same in 8.11.2 Implementation of Provenance ("For elements, the data category information inherits to the textual content of the element, including child elements and attributes.").

That way I implemented it, but all my tests failed. When I comment out the attributes inheritance the tests pass. Manually looking over the expected output and all attributes doesn't have any Provenance data.

Either the inheritance in 8.1 and 8.11.2 is wrong and should be "Textual content of element, including child elements, but excluding attributes" or all test outputs are wrong.

As I'm not sure which of both cases was intended i cross post it to test and normal mailing-list.

[1] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#datacategories-defaults-etc

Cheers,
Karl