Re: Standoff Markup HTML - Difference Testoutput and Standard

I think the keyword is *"In HTML" *since these standoff XML documents are
not literally in the HTML they do no need to play by these rules. But I do
think you are right in the fact it is a bit confusing  to read and that
maybe an update should take place in the spec along the lines in which you
have written.

*Paragraph in question from the spec:*

> The Provenance<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#provenance> and
> the Localization Quality Issue<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#lqissue> data
> categories allow for using standoff markup. In HTML such standoff markup is
> put into a script element. The constraints for Provenance standoff<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#provenance-records-in-html5-constraint> markup
> in HTML and Localization quality issue<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#loc-quality-issues-in-html5-constraint> markup
> in HTML need to be taken into account. Examples of standoff markup in HTML
> for the two data categories are Example 65<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-provenance-html5-local-2>
>  and Example 80<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-locQualityIssue-html5-local-2>
> .

Thanks,