Re: Question on https://github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/pull/22/

Am 21.08.13 13:28, schrieb Leroy Finn:
> Just to clarify before I make the update to the HTML test suite files
> and remove the global examples for HTML that the following is stated
> in the draft (see underlined):
>
>     */"The Provenance
>     <http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#provenance> data
>     category can be expressed with _global rules_, or locally on
>     individual elements. For elements, the data category information
>     inherits
>     <http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#def-inheritance> to
>     the textual content of the element, including child elements and
>     attributes."/*
>

> If we are saying we can't do it for HTML but we can for XML this
> should probably be changed in the draft.  As Felix stated:
>
>     *What would be the proper replacement for the "id"  attribute here
>     - any idea? .. e.g. HTML "p" you can only use id, class, style,
>     title, align - nothing seems to fit.*
>

> Any thoughts?

Good point. However, I wouldn't change that in the draft. It would be
strange to have global provenance only for XML. How about this:

   <head>
     <title>Test</title>
     <script id=pr1 type=application/its+xml>
       <its:provenanceRecords xml:id="pr1"
xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its">
         <its:provenanceRecord
          toolRef="http://www.onlinemtex.com/2012/7/25/wsdl/"
          org="acme-CAT-v2.3"
provRef="http://www.examplelsp.com/excontent987/production/prov/e6354"
          revToolRef="http://www.mycat.com/v1.0/download"
          revOrg="acme-CAT-v2.3" />
       </its:provenanceRecords>
     </script>
     <script id=pr2 type=application/its+xml>
       <its:provenanceRecords xml:id="pr2"
xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its">
         <its:provenanceRecord
          person="John Doe"
          orgRef="http://www.legaltrans-ex.com/"
provRef="http://www.examplelsp.com/excontent987/legal/prov/e6354"
          revPerson="Tommy Atkins"
          revOrgRef="http://www.example.myorg.com" />
         <its:provenanceRecord
          revPerson="John Smith"
          revOrgRef="http://john-smith.qa.example.com" />
         </its:provenanceRecords>
       </script>
   </head>
translated from the machine.</p>
translated directly by a person.</p>

and a rules file like this

<its:rules version="2.0">
     <its:provRule selector="//*[@class='prov-records-ref']"
provenanceRecordsRefPointer="h:a/@href"/>
   </its:rules>

I see a use case in which users don't want to have local its-*
attributes in HTML. They then could so something like the above (using
the empty "a" elements).

- Felix