RE: Update to test suite - locNoteType display

Hi Leroy and everyone,

Here's another issue for consideration. The locNoteType is displayed on every element node in the example below.

When it comes to optional values, default values, and  in addition inheritance, it gets confusing. In this example thought I think locNoteType is a secondary/dependent piece of information whereas translate and localeFilterList for example are primary ones. See the default values table (if it's up-to-date) http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#datacategories-overview.

I'm thinking locNoteType should only be displayed if the locNote="" is applied, directly or by inheritance. Doesn't "default" in these cases really mean add the default locNoteType value to the  node if the locNote has been applied but loctNoteType was not specified. And it's only relevant in the scope of the locNote.

I'm not sure if the same goes for lineBreakType and storageEncoding in the StorageSize category. The table lists storageEncoding but I'm not sure if that's correct or if both lineBreakType and storageEncoding or none of them should be listed. Any thoughts?

locnote1html.html
<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
   <title>Example</title>
   <link href="locnote1htmlrules.xml" rel="its-rules"/>
  </head>

locnote1htmlrules.xml
<its:rules xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" version="2.0">
<its:locNoteRule locNoteType="alert" selector="//h:span[@id='DisableInfo']">
<its:locNote>
The variable {0} has three possible values: 'printer', 'stacker' and 'stapler options'.
</its:locNote>
</its:locNoteRule>
</its:rules>

Current TestCase
/html     locNoteType="description"
/html/head[1]   locNoteType="description"
/html/head[1]/meta[1]                locNoteType="description"
/html/head[1]/meta[1]/@charset
/html/head[1]/title[1]   locNoteType="description"
/html/head[1]/link[1]    locNoteType="description"
/html/head[1]/link[1]/@href
/html/head[1]/link[1]/@rel
/html/body[1]   locNoteType="description"
/html/body[1]/span[1] locNote="The variable {0} has three possible values: 'printer', 'stacker' and 'stapler options'.                locNoteType="alert"
/html/body[1]/span[1]/@id

Current Okapi
/html
/html/head[1]
/html/head[1]/meta[1]
/html/head[1]/meta[1]/@charset
/html/head[1]/title[1]
/html/head[1]/link[1]
/html/head[1]/link[1]/@href
/html/head[1]/link[1]/@rel
/html/body[1]
/html/body[1]/span[1] locNote="\nThe variable {0} has three possible values: 'printer', 'stacker' and 'stapler options'.\n"                locNoteType="alert"
/html/body[1]/span[1]/@id

Cheers,
Fredrik