Re: Retiring the mobileOK checker

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:20:36 +0100
To: Stephanie Rieger <steph@yiibu.com>
Cc: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org
Hi St├ęphanie,

On mar., 2014-02-04 at 16:42 +0000, Stephanie Rieger wrote:
> I think it would be a shame to lose the mobileOK checker so soon, but
> that it should maybe be reframed slightly.
> [...]
> From this perspective, it might be nice to keep the mobileOK checker
> active, but maybe clarify that the only relevant context at this point
> is the support of highly constrained devices (typically feature
> phone...although this definition may be a bit simplistic).

Thanks for your input on this (and sorry for the delay in responding to
this); I think this is indeed a possibly valuable framing of the tool.

I'm investigating with others if we can find funding to maintain and run
the tool that would match that perspective; we will probably keep the
checker up while we do so.

Thanks again,