Re: New release of CSS Validator

Le jeudi 13 mars 2008 à 15:53 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
> Le jeudi 13 mars 2008 à 14:22 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
> > As a result, I have added velocity-1.5.jar to our lib directory
> > (accompanied with its -LICENSE file), and updated the css-validator.jar
> > with the new release.
>
> .... which apparently makes many of our CSS-related tests fail :(

Having looked just at the surface of it, the checker reports a "Parsing
error", per line 98 of
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/mobileok-ref/src/org/w3c/mwi/mobileok/basic/CSSUtils.java?rev=1.16&content-type=text/plain
for style sheets that are so obviously valid that the problem must lie
elsewhere (e.g.
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/mobileok-ref/test/data/ROOT/ContentFormatSupportTest/7/stylesheet.css?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain )

I suspect that the assumption that was made in catching parsing errors
no longer holds true, but I haven't had time to look further into it
yet.

Dom