Re: New release of CSS Validator

Hi Jo, Hi all.

On Mar 13, 2008, at 12:45 , Jo Rabin wrote:

> Thanks, it is certainly useful to know that your next version may not
> feature CSS1 support and I think we'd very much appreciate a heads up
> from you,

It looks like I may have been hasty, or confused, or both.

In my conversation with a CSS WG editor I think I now understand that
REC-CSS1 will be obsoleted, but not CSS Level 1. I understand this as
"the properties and values of CSS Level 1" still exist, but the REC-
CSS1 document, in particular the grammar it describes, is obsoleted by
CSS 2.1.

Will keep you informed of any change we may make to the validator,
once things are a tad clearer (to me, at least).

> though I don't know that there is much we can do to change our
> dependency on CSS 1.

Would a dependency on CSS 2.1 work, or is its status not "advanced"
enough in the REC track?

Thanks
--
olivier