De: public-mobileok-checker-request@w3.org [mailto:public-mobileok-checker-request@w3.org] En nombre de Francois Daoust
Enviado el: viernes, 08 de febrero de 2008 11:21
Para: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org
Asunto: EOFException in jhove for a GIF image

Hi,

Testing the mobileok checker on http://www.google.fr/m yields the
following result:

java -jar mobileOK-Basic-RI-1.0-deploy.jar http://www.google.fr/m

Exception in thread "main" org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.TestException:
java.io.EOFException
         at
org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.Preprocessor.preprocess(Preprocessor.java:140)
         at
org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.Tester.getPreprocessorResults(Tester.java:91)
         at org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.Tester.main(Tester.java:208)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
         at
java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(DataInputStream.java:273)
         at edu.harvard.hul.ois.jhove.module.GifModule.readLSD(Unknown
Source)
         at edu.harvard.hul.ois.jhove.module.GifModule.parse(Unknown Source)
         at
org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.HTTPImageResource.checkGIFValidity(HTTPImageResource.java:127)
         at
org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.HTTPImageResource.<init>(HTTPImageResource.java:53)
         at
org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.Preprocessor.preprocess(Preprocessor.java:121)
         ... 2 more

The exception occurs while parsing the image:
	http://www.google.fr/m/ping
which seems to be a "fake" image probably used for statistics reasons
(no caching, 1x1 image).

As far as I can tell the image is correct, and linking it from a local
page or using a local copy of the image doesn't make the checker crash.

I'm a bit puzzled, any idea?

François.