Re: mobileOK validation logic - jar file?

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your quick response. Please see my comments below.

On 5 Dec 2008, at 12:45, Miguel Garcia wrote:
> You're right, Yeliz. Again there is a problem because differencies
> between Linux and Windows and how they handle uris (specifically path
> separators).
>
> Solve this problem is quite easy but fixing will be reveal another
> issue.

I guess it would be good to fix this anyway as others who might be
interested in using this library might run into the same problem :)

> The checker doesn't handle local files, I mean that the
> connection library we use to handle connections doesn't support the
> file: protocol. MobileOk Basic requires the page is served by a HTTP
> server in order to check some connection parameters so during design
> there was no need to include a feature for analyzing local files.
>
> The connection library, HTTPClient, is extensible so it could be
> "tricked" to accept file: connections but not sure how much work it
> will
> take.
>
> If you tell me a bit how aDesigner and MobileOk tester are linked
> together I could think about other solutions.

aDesigner has a validation infrastructure that allows you to extend
it and add new validation components. Users are then allowed to
specify in their preferences which validation component they would
like to use, for example WCAG 1.0, Section 508, IBM Accessibility
guidelines, etc. I have extended this so that the users can also
choose to validate their pages against mobileOK. However, since we
now give the URI to mobileOK tester, mobileOK creates its own HTTP
connection to the target URL, and parses and tests the resulting
HTML. On the other hand, other aDesigner omponents use HTML in IE
browser. So, in some cases, line/column numbers (which are also used
for visualisation) differ because they parse different HTML
documents. Therefore, we need to make sure that other aDesigner
components and mobileOK test the same page. I talked to Kentarou
(CC'ed here) who is one of the main developers of aDesigner and we
think there are three options for this.

1. send local HTML file to mobileOK
2. send a DOM object  to mobileOK
3. get HTML file from mobileOK

I am not sure about the feasibility of these options. As far as I can
tell from the source code and also from the documentation on CVS, we
cannot do option 2 and option 3. Am I right?

If you need more information, please let me know.

Regards,
Yeliz.