Re: Some draft code for mobileOK Basic Tests RI

On 2/6/07, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
> Le mardi 06 février 2007 à 08:39 -0500, Jo Rabin a écrit :
> > > Probably so, indeed; but I don't know if it is really that much cheaper
> > > or easier to define "sufficiently strictly the preceding steps" than to
> > > define sufficiently strictly a mobileOK reference implementation.
> >
> > Well, most of what is suggested here as pre-processing needs to be done however you actually execute the tests, surely?
>
> Absolutely; I guess my point was that separating the pre-processing from
> the tests execution may not be such a big gain in the end; but it's
> totally worth a try.

I agree that we should attempt to get a DOM out of the resource if at
all possible, and write the rest of the tests in terms of the DOM
where possible. A resource that isn't valid will still fail
VALID_MARKUP but I think it's important to take this small step to be
flexible and provide additional info.

I'll look into some kind of Java HTML Tidy.

Sean