Re: [Fwd: Re: Licenses and copyright for open source software development]

So... hmm. We definitely need Saxon and pretty well need JHOVE. I am a
little unclear on what Rigo's saying we must do. Can we distribute
*unmodified* Saxon's library .jar file with license? If not, can we
use it in our code but simply not redistribute the library, telling
users they'll need to acquire it on their own (the difference between
these two strikes me as small)? or can we simply not link to LGPL code
at all?

I would prefer to release this under a non-viral license, but if it
came down to it, what do people think about LGPLing this? is *that*
legal?

I can clean up the other licensing issues mentioned in this thread.