Re: New possible SC: All functionality available in portrait / landscape, OR not?

Many apps have tab bar buttons at bottom   To keep these always in view you would need to switch to vertical placement.   This wouldn't be required for current SC but would be ideal.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone

On May 1, 2019, at 10:22 AM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca<mailto:david100@sympatico.ca>> wrote:

Michale G says:

> Worse case scenario to meet the SC is the app will not change dimensions at all and you just get the same layout with a lot of gutter/whitespace in the other orientation.

My guess is that Chris's solution doesn't do that.

 "unlock the configuration, attach a ScrollView to your main content, and let your view readjust to the viewport change."

Chris does this provide gutter space on the right if a portrait app was turned to Landscape, or does everything reorient including spacing to fill out the entire width. How easy is it to just keep the portrait view and throw in the correct black gutter space across dozens of form factors?

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613-806-9005

LinkedIn

twitter.com/davidmacd<http://twitter.com/davidmacd>

GitHub<https://github.com/DavidMacDonald>

www.Can-Adapt.com<http://www.can-adapt.com/>

  Adapting the web to all users

            Including those with disabilities

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy policy<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 9:57 AM Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk<mailto:redux@splintered.co.uk>> wrote:
On 01/05/2019 14:51, Michael Gower wrote:
> But an 'ugly but functional' design in the alternate orientation is a
> whole lot better

I'll echo DMcD here though and say that most brand-aware/corporate
clients will simply not want an "ugly but functional" experience
(particularly one that can be triggered so easily by end users) unless
absolutely forced to (which, until the introduction of this SC, they had
no normative incentive to do).

www.splintered.co.uk<http://www.splintered.co.uk> | https://github.com/patrickhlauke