Re: Mobile needs a question answered

Found an article
Lindberg, T., Näsänen, R.: The effect of icon spacing and size on the speed
of icon processing in the human visual system. Displays 24(3), 111–120
(2003)
 For small number of icons the inter-element spacing for icons should be
more than 1/2 icon, for large number of icons, small icon spacing 1/4-1/2
icon is recommended