Re: Mobile needs a question answered

Alastair,
As the question originally came from the Mobile group, I am looping them
into the conversation. Perhaps they can add comments.

Based on several articles - seems 8dp is a reasonable spacing.

*"Touch targets should also be spaced about 8 pixels apart, both
horizontally and vertically, so that a user's finger pressing on one tap
target does not inadvertently touch another tap target."*
https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/accessibility/accessible-styles

*"**To balance information density and usability, touch targets should be
at least 48 x 48 dp with at least 8dp of space between them." *-
https://material.io/design/layout/spacing-methods.html#touch-click-targets

https://medium.com/@zacdicko/size-matters-accessibility-and-touch-targets-56e942adc0cc

one caveat - the articles all point back to google/android specs. Most
other articles related to target spacing are vague ("reasonable space", "a
good amount of space", etc.) and are not helpful.

other Related stuff I found while searching for target spacing.
an old article with lots of research
https://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2013/03/common-misconceptions-about-touch.php

Reading Digital with Low Vision - NCBI - NIH
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5726769/>
http://www.4ourth.com/Touch/