RE: Possibility of retiring proposed SC "Concurrent input mechanisms"

> For consideration of the TF, I'd propose retiring
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/64 unless we can make a compelling case that PwD are more severely affected by this compared to other user groups. Something that's perhaps better suited for Silver?

Personally I also switch between different AT like screen magnifications, screen reader, and increase contrast, etc. and switch between mouse and keyboard access.  I would like to see that support -- but this may be a broader issue -- I'd like to see this expanded as well to alternative versions.  That is -- I've run into sites that have an alternative screen reader version and an alternative version for this type of disability etc.  But they are all mutually exclusive.  That is the screen reader version and very difficult to read because they use tiny text such as 6pt text to fit a bunch of extra stuff on the screen but it isn't really useable for someone who wants to use a screen reader and see the screen.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group
jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com
703.637.8957 (Office)

Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Blog
See you at CSUN in March!

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

www.splintered.co.uk | https://github.com/patrickhlauke http://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | http://redux.deviantart.com