Re: Proliferation of SCs

On 20/09/2016 04:40, David MacDonald wrote:

> Although I appreciate that rational of wanting to have a consistency
> between keyboard and pointer requirements in WCAG, and also appreciate
> that the first choice would have been an integration of Pointer and
> Keyboard SCs using a ore abstract SC at 2.1.1 and 2.1.2, so there wasn't
> a proliferation of SCs, I think the confusion about the number of SCs we
> are proposing has caused some in the WCAG  group and staff to go back to
> considering a separate extension for mobile which I feel would be a
> major step backwards.

If they're thinking about moving our SCs to a "mobile" extension, they
clearly haven't understood the fundamental point that "desktop/mobile"
distinction is becoming increasingly blurry and irrelevant in today's
world...(e.g. touch not being about "mobile" etc)

Is there anything on record about this that can be discussed further
with the relevant group/staff? This is a rather fundamental issue, I'd say.