Re: Is our non-interference proposal already covered in WCAG COnformance Requirement 5

"Does not block the ability to use the rest of the page" is certainly a very HTML-centric expression and reminds of inaccessible elements embedded in normal page content. More typical for mobile apps would be views (like a drawing area) where the ability to use the rest of the (app) may rest either on still accessible elements on the specific view ( like the typical iOS "done" button) or navigation features of the OS/device (like a fixed back button). So the text of clause 5 certainly does not cover the requirement unambiguously. BTW  I guess it's normative too and therefore not subject to changes in v2.1?

Sent from phone