Re: MATF Minutes 26 May 2016

On 26/05/2016 17:11, Kim Patch wrote:

> Kathy: are there scenarios right now that if something is keyboard
> accessible it doesn't have a touch equivalent

Yes, I've ranted about this before (because of course I rant):
"Comment on WAI-ARIA Practices 1.1 - emphasis on keyboard interactions,
which don't translate to touch devices"
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments/2015AprJun/0005.html

And more generally, WCAG has a keyboard bias, as already discussed on
list here (and some rantings here
https://twitter.com/patrick_h_lauke/status/602414144583761920)

This led to this addition to the editor's draft of "ARIA in HTML"
https://w3c.github.io/aria-in-html/#aria-touch which then references
some fairly high-level quick and dirty exploration of ARIA patterns
that, because of their intrinsic assumption of "there's always a
keyboard" break on touch devices
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gN9oRZPdrJxLDNtT6nVO4fn7E7sn1061L9Xl3__slZ4/edit#gid=0