Re: Device manipulation

It is clear under WCAG 2.1.1 that every function has to be keyboard
enabled. I think however we may want to consider going further for the
mobile requirement.

Keyboard functionality is not fully implemented on iOS and users generally
reserve keyboard to input of volumes of text rather than navigation.
I've removed the "or keyboard" part out, since its covered in 2.1.1 and
left it as follows.

​====​

2.6 [Proposed New MOBILE Success Criteria] Device manipulation: When device
manipulation gestures are provided, touch operable alternative control
options are available. (Level AA)
​Note: see also 2.1.1 for keyboard requirements.​

​=====​

For mobile, having a touch alternative is preferable to a keyboard
alternative, but this proposed SC along with the existing 2.1.1 will
require both... this may seem like a lot but I think it is worth bringing
to the the larger group. This SC is to help dexterity disabilities, not
blindness. Most plind people are used to shaking and tilting their devices
(i.e., blind square)

We should maybe do some further study asking organizations working with
people with dexterity problems who have mounted mobile devices whether the
keyboard requirement of 2.1.1 would be sufficient or whether having a touch
alternative to manipulatipn should be required.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Tel:  613.235.4902