RE: Jonathan's concern: Zoom in responsive drops content

> [Jason wrote] Leaving aside for the moment the question of whether it can be done without amending the existing success criterion, how would you address this point? Would you require that text can be resized up to 200% without assistive technology and irrespective of display resolution?

If/when we have a better way of detecting mobile devices other than viewport width then that could be used -- but until then it seems like we'd have to pick some resolution and pixel scale combination.   I don't think allowing any resolution makes sense but it has to be reasonable minimum given what's out there today.

Jonathan