RE: Question on Active state styling for links

> Is there a particular value in providing alternative styling for :active links in the mobile environment? That is, when the link is touched or clicked that there is a visible change in appearance.

My opinion (and this is based on the BBC mobile standards and guidelines project) is that the user would benefit from feedback to know something happened when an interaction has occurred.  For example, if I tap and add button but it's not obvious that something was added to my cart a noticeable visual indicator would be very helpful.  This could be done by the add button changing in a way to show that it was activated or it could be some other visual item nearby changing or moving, etc.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer