Re: let's bump to 10mm from 9mm

On 18/12/2015 14:44, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> On 18/12/2015 14:40, David MacDonald wrote:
>> Apple uses point to mean 1px on regular resolution and 2px on retina
>
> David, I fear you're getting yourself confused again here. Apple means 2
> *physical* pixels on retina. We are talking here about *CSS* pixels,
> which in retina world (with a dpr of 2) means 1 CSS px = 2 physical px.

In short: forget about retina or non-retina, high-dpi or low-dpi. When
we talk about CSS pixels, it's irrelevant what the actual *physical*
pixel count/pixel density is. As I said earlier in this thread, nobody
working on web content think in terms of physical pixels anymore. This
discussion was settled many years ago in the responsive web design world
when the first retina devices came out (and I'm a bit surprised we're
having to rehash these concepts here).