Re: Rough draft of some success criteria for a extension guideline "Touch accessible"

On 18/08/2015 17:44, David MacDonald wrote:
> I would be uncomfortable with punting the gesture issue and just rely on
> keyboard, just because its hard to solve.

Additionally, as this may not have been clear: I'm not saying we give up
on gestures and require a keyboard. When I talk about
keyboard-accessible, I include sequential touch-AT navigation (e.g.
swipe left/right with VO to move the VO focus), which maps mostly to
what we'd want for keyboard access too (having actual elements that
receive focus, and react to a click). So this is basically a question of
apps that *solely* rely on gestures having to provide some alternative,
non-gesture-based control, which translates to buttons etc...and then
those buttons need to be focusable/actionable with keyboard,
keyboard-like (e.g. switch access), and sequential access (VO swipe
navigation) interfaces.