RE: [Minutes] MiniApps WG & CG Joint Meeting 2023-08-24

Thank you Fuqiao.

Some comments on the minutes.

> how about the reply to the TAG comments?

In general terms, I think Baidu's proposal could solve the challenges raised by the TAG.

1) Origin model:  It's something similar to what I proposed at [1] --> to specify a CSP (Content Security Policy) mechanism in the manifest. So I think we can create a proposal based on a new manifest member to specify the security restrictions.
2) Tampering. We can have this as an alternative signature method. The certificates may be stored in the package (EPUB does something similar but in a concrete path, so they don't need to specify the path in the manifest). I think it's feasible.
3) ZIP container. This proposal, keeps the same format and enables the user agent to download more packages from the server. This could mitigate the challenge of large ZIP files.

(I've posted these comments to the Github issue [2]).

> there are some other issues [in the Manifest spec], specially the one about sessions

I just closed miniapp-manifest#56 [3] about the sessions (based on a merged PR to solve privacy review suggestions). There is another open issue [4] with a PR to close it [5], related to Zhou Dan's comments for preferences. Still open and needs to be reviewed.

> … and the one about "req_permission"

This is the issue miniapp-manifest#57 [6]. In this issue, I'm proposing to use a common taxonomy for the permissions. I can elaborate the proposal, unless there are objections/suggestions.

> Components, Martin updated the spec, perhaps he can give an update in the next meeting

Indeed, I'll be glad to do it. I updated the explainer and the spec with all the suggestions received.

> if we want to publish CR, we should have a test suite

I will be able to invest time on these tests. I proposed a methodology and documenting tools we can use right now (based on the one used by the EPUB team), but tests are mostly "manual". So happy to use other more advanced methods.

>  web app manifest will be discussed in TPAC

I'll try to join the WebApps meeting to discuss the common parts, such as the localization of members. I've already signed up.

Best regards,

Martin

[1] https://github.com/w3c/miniapp-manifest/issues/42

[2] https://github.com/w3c/miniapp/issues/195#issuecomment-1693329088