Re: 11 - whether "--" and % are allowed in comments, is > allowed in a PI

On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 10:12 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 06/09/2012 05:33, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> > The space is only required if you want your Web page to work in pre-HTML
> > 5 mode. A necessity in practice in many (most?) cases.
>
> I don't think the space is required by any current browsers is it? (I
> think it isn't needed unless you need netscape 4 cpmpatibility.

I'm not sure if it was even needed in NS 4 if all you wanted was
compatible rendering. If you wanted a compatible DOM it's another
matter.

I'm more concerned with the principle - determine exactly what we mean
by HTML compatibility and if we agree it's essential then stick to it
everywhere.

Liam