Re: 11 - whether "--" and % are allowed in comments, is > allowed in a PI

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 17:22 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Liam R E Quin scripsit:

> > 11a. Should we allow <!-- -- --> as a µXML comment?

[agreed, no]

> > 11b. Should we allow % inside a µXML comment?

[agreed, nothing to say here]

> However, this raises the question of whether we should impose only
> the looser XML specification of a comment or the tighter HTML5
> specification.  I favor the latter, which requires that the body
> of a comment (after the "<!--") cannot begin with "-" or "->").

Are we also requiring a space in <br /> as opposed to <br/> ?

If so, I'm OK with this. If not, either we should require XHTML-style
serialization everywhere, so that µXML documents are also µHTML
documents ;) or nowhere beyond XML 1.0.

Liam

If you didn't buy my XML book already then you are hereby forbidden from