From: Uche Ogbuji [mailto:uche@ogbuji.net]
Sent: September 4, 2012 10:58
To: public-microxml@w3.org
Subject: Re: 7. Are CDATA sections allowed?

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org<mailto:liam@w3.org>> wrote:
On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 21:33 -0400, John Cowan wrote:

> 7.  Are CDATA sections allowed?  The consensus so far seems to be no.
> They help spec writers, but they provide a loophole against escaping
> content that doesn't actually work.  Nobody has asked for them.

No. No. No. Good god no. I opposed them in XML too.

CDATA injection attacks are not worth the tiny tiny benefit.

Spec writers can use XInclude, except that we've outlawed it :)

No CDATA Sections.  As for XInclude, we'll find another way (a Micro way).

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com