Re: > in attribute values; decimal character reference

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> Uche Ogbuji scripsit:
>
> > I wonder about the arguments for banishing ">".  If we do not support
> > CDATA Sections there is nowhere ">" is unsafe, right?
>
> No, the sequence "]]>" appearing in character content makes the document
> not well-formed.  So rather than putting that wart into MicroXML, James
> banned ">" from character content altogether, and the initial basis
> simply bans it everywhere.

OK. Well that seems to bolster the symmetry argument enough that I'd go for
just banning ">" in both element content and attribute values.  Then again,
this is a weak preference, and I'd be OK if they were allowed in attribute
values only.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com