Re: 8. Are prefixes/namespaces allowed?

> On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 21:33 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>
> > 8.  Are prefixes/namespaces allowed?  The consensus [sighs,
> > sucks teeth] seems to be no: no colons in names, a ban on "xmlns"
> > attributes, no namespaces.  The Automatic XML Namespaces proposal
> > <
> http://balisage.net/Proceedings/vol3/print/Quin01/BalisageVol3-Quin01.html
> >
> > provides a method external to the document of implying namespaces on
> > prefix-free documents.  MicroAF would allow translation of prefix-free
> > attributes to the corresponding prefixed attributes, as would XSLT.

I too have made peace with this absolute position.  It would be the single
boldest decision undertaken by MicroXML, but ultimately, I think it is
worth diverting the Alphaeus through the muck-ridden stables XML has
become.  Scoped, prefix-encoded namespaces are by far the biggest source of
such muck, and it's worth the large gamble represented by the above.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com