Re: Processing instructions

On 7/26/2012 8:16 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Which brings us back to David Lee's 'why MicroXML'? My envisaged use
> cases are for 'simple' xml creation, by hand. Not presentation /
> application / server processing etc? regards
I've also got a faint hope that if this really catches on, it will
eventually infect some of the existing XML data flows, too.  Look what
happened w/XML and SGML.  Wasn't XML originally just "for the web", I
think (correct me please I wasn't there)? I think Liam may have made
this point before.

Also there are other areas where I think simpler XML would be beneficial:

the iPhone app developer who is choosing a preference file format: XML
may not be suitable for use in a memory-constrained environment if it
requires loading a large library to parse and/or build an object model,
but a smaller lightweight one could open up this arena perhaps.

-Mike