RE: Why MicroXML ?

Good question.  What is the charter of this group ? What is the deliverable ?
I view it as a "New Specification" which by most discussions is a compatible subset of XML.
But if it is not a Specification ("New" or otherwise) then what is it ?
I believe a W3C group needs to have a defined charter and deliverable.  Otherwise its just a mailing list with no end in sight.
Am I misunderstanding the point of W3C groups ?  If so what is the charter and objective if not to come up with a specification proposal of some sort.

David Lee
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
dlee@marklogic.com
Phone: +1 650-287-2531
Cell:  +1 812-630-7622
www.marklogic.com

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.