Re: Starting point

On 24 July 2012 08:41, James Clark <jjc@jclark.com> wrote:

> The list of issues to consider then becomes:
>
> - empty element tags eg <foo/>

Remove , rationale, I have it with <foo></foo> .... or nothing.

> - comments

0. Reluctantly agree, but accept the comments re complexity

> - bare DOCTYPE declaration eg <!DOCTYPE html>

Remove. For HTML5, can be added as part of an application layer.

> - namespaces/prefixes on elements/attributes

unsure.

> - processing instructions

Remove, complexity grounds

> - Unicode names for elements/attributes

Please include. We've ignored non ASCII users before.
Is it a high cost for an implementer?

> - allow > in attribute values for Canonical XML compatibility?

No, based on simplicity.

> - decimal character references

tentative yes, include, rationale, I don't have a smart editor.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.