RE: Subset Data Model

This I understand.  But there appears to be a big disconnect in the group ...
Can I reprhase your statement that
"MicroXML is a new markup language that is intended to be simpler then XML and will, if successful have its own ecology" ...

If true, I ask  again
Q: What is the rationale for having it a syntax subset of XML.  What is the advantage?

But my confusion is from Uche ... one advantage is that it works with "all tools that work with XML 1.0."

This implies there is an assumption that *in practice* MicroXML will "work with" *all* tools that "work with" XML 1.0.
Now we have to define "work with"  which is what I am trying to pry out ...
does "work with" mean "behave identically ?"   If so ... that would seem to me the data models must be equivalent  ... and if not then who are we fooling ?

I am happy to drop the last bit ("all tools that work with XML 1.0") which nicely solves this problem.  Then am left with

Q2: What is the rationale for  XML syntax compatibility ?

OK I really am going to stop for tonight ...

David Lee
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
dlee@marklogic.com
Phone: +1 650-287-2531
Cell:  +1 812-630-7622
www.marklogic.com

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.