Re: Concerns about backwards compatibility of media fragments

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 5/8/11 12:47 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> Are you part of the SVG working group?
>
> No, I'm just an implementor trying to make sense of what I'm supposed to do
> here (in particular, I've just started looking at the media fragment thing,
> so while I understand the SVG end pretty well, having implemented it, my
> understanding of the other side is still pretty embryonic).
>
>> If not, this is probably a good time to start talking to somebody involved
>> in the SVG WG to find out
>> what their plans are for conformance on these urls etc. and start some
>> analysis.
>
> I agree that needs to happen.  Is there someone on the media fragment
> working group who can talk to them?

Yes, I think so. (/me looks at Yves and Raphael :-)

This indeed wasn't directed at you.

Good catch of this issue, btw! I suppose we never really thought about
image formats that were XML or HTML themselves...

I'm sure we can resolve it somehow.