W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > March 2011

Re: minutes of 2011-03-23 teleconference

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:00:56 -0700
Message-ID: <AANLkTikw9=T453MjMLh1HFLr8YwMbwO9+-t+DRnkjiUA@mail.gmail.com>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Apologies for not attending the last telecon. I was in fact travelling
the US and visiting Google, the W3C accessibility task force F2F etc.

Action-213 on me is still open, indeed. I haven't got around to it yet.

I also must say that Hixie's change proposal for issue-152 with a
controller and the use of media fragments is very interesting and may
be the best solution for in-band tracks. This will be discussed
further.

Cheers,
Silvia.

2011/3/23 RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>:
> Dear all,
>
> The minutes of today's phone telecon are available for review at
> http://www.w3.org/2011/03/23-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
> below).
>
> The short executive summary is:
> †- Tables for reviewing test cases for UA
> (http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases) and Server
> (http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases) are ready.
> There are built from rdf files
> †- Suggest to dedicate April 6 telecon to review those tables with EVERYBODY
> †- Suggest to organize a telecon with Adisson to solve ISSUE-17
> †- Suggest to organize a telecon with Bernhard Haslofer to solve ISSUE-21
> †- No telecon next week due to WWW 2011 in India
> Best regards,
>
> †RaphaŽl
>
> ---------------
> † [1]W3C
> † † †[1] http://www.w3.org/
> † † † † † † Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
> 23 Mar 2011
> † [2]Agenda
> † † †[2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Mar/0027.html
> † See also: [3]IRC log
> † † †[3] http://www.w3.org/2011/03/23-mediafrag-irc
> Attendees
> † Present
> † † † † †Yves, Davy, Thomas, Raphael, Philip_(irc)
> † Regrets
> † † † † †Erik
> † Chair
> † † † † †Raphael
> † Scribe
> † † † † †Raphael
> Contents
>
> † † * [4]Topics
> † † † † 1. [5]1. Admin
> † † † † 2. [6]2. HTML5 Bugs
> † † † † 3. [7]3. WhatWG Liaison
> † † † † 4. [8]4. Test Cases
> † † † † 5. [9]5. Other ISSUES
> † † † † 6. [10]6. AOB
> † † * [11]Summary of Action Items
> † † _________________________________________________________
>
> † <trackbot> Date: 23 March 2011
>
> † <scribe> scribe: Raphael
>
> † <scribe> scribenick: raphael
>
> 1. Admin
>
> † PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon,
> † [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/03/16-mediafrag-minutes.html
>
> † † [12] http://www.w3.org/2011/03/16-mediafrag-minutes.html
>
> † +1
>
> † <Yves> +1
>
> † <davy> +1
>
> † minutes accepted
>
> † ACTION-205?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-205 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to send the MF
> † clarification text to the HTML mailinglist -- due 2010-12-15 --
> † CLOSED
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/205
>
> † † [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/205
>
> † <tomayac> +1
>
> † ACTION-215?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-215 -- Erik Mannens to poke people and encourage
> † them to join the telecons -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/215
>
> † † [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/215
>
> † Davy ???
>
> † <tomayac> yeah, phone is dead
>
> † <tomayac> hearing now
>
> † <Yves> nobody can hear you raphae
>
> † <tomayac> raphaŽl muted again :-(
>
> † <tomayac> yes
>
> 2. HTML5 Bugs
>
> † ACTION-213?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-213 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to submit the proposed list
> † of bugs to HTML5 -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/213
>
> † † [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/213
>
> † <scribe> ... pending?
>
> 3. WhatWG Liaison
>
> † Hixie sugestion:
> † [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0436.htm
> † l
>
> † † [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0436.html
>
> † scribe: related to the MultiTrack API, and issue 152,
> † [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
> † ... the main questions for Philip: is there consensus for this
> † proposal in the WG?
>
> † † [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
>
> 4. Test Cases
>
> † Davy: test cases for the spatial dimension have been added yesterday
> † ... Philip has also proposed some nasty test cases, that will be
> † added next week to the suite
> † ... the unit tests are also based on Thomas test cases from his js
> † implementation
> † ... I'm considering also test cases for the track dimension
> † ... regarding the automatic test cases framework, it should be ready
> † by next week to test
>
> † <davy>
> † [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases
>
> † † [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases
>
> † Davy: I encourage you to use Chrome because there is a lot of
> † javascript
>
> † <davy>
> † [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases#TC000
> † 3-UA
>
> † † [19]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases#TC0003-UA
>
> † Davy: each test case has its own URI
> † ... this page is made for reviewing the test cases!
> † ... the last column is the status from the group
>
> † <tomayac> the uris of the test cases are not exposed to the ui, are
> † they?
>
> † Davy: we should review them and correct them if necessary
> † ... good point, I will put those links in the HTML version from the
> † first column
> † ... it is also read only
>
> † <davy>
> † [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.rdf
>
> † † [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.rdf
>
> † Davy: generated from the rdf version
>
> † <davy>
> † [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases
>
> † † [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases
>
> † Davy: another tool will enable to launch a test suite over a
> † particular implementation, should be ready in 2 weeks from now
>
> † Raphael: summary, we have two large tables to review
> † ... built from two rdf files
>
> † <tomayac> fsck, the connection seems too slow, raphael is almost
> † ununderstandable
>
> † <tomayac> terminator voice? raphael has a terminator voice
>
> † Raphael: question is how should we proceed to review those 2 large
> † tables ?
>
> † <tomayac> bandwidth...
>
> † Raphael: option 1: during a plenary telecon with _everybody_
> † (preferred by Yves)
> † ... option 2: distributed among group members that report on them in
> † a telecon
>
> † <tomayac> +1 for opt1
>
> † +1 for option 1
>
> † <tomayac> makes clarification easier in case of doubts
>
> † <tomayac> (redialing)
>
> † Raphael: next week is WWW conference, most likely will cancel the
> † telecon
> † ... wondering if we could review all test cases on April 6
>
> † Thomas: I will not be here
>
> † Raphael: excellent work Davy
>
> 5. Other ISSUES
>
> † ISSUE-21?
>
> † <trackbot> ISSUE-21 -- Expressing complex regions with a reference
> † in Media Fragments URI -- open
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/21
>
> † † [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/21
>
> † Thomas: the use case makes sense
> † ... I'm not sure if there is not security issue with their proposal
>
> † Yves: I tend to be against it, because this reference could
> † break/conflict with existing dimensions
>
> † Davy: this reminds me of the whole discussion about extensibility
> † ... can we answer this is considered for version 2 ?
>
> † <Yves> they can encode the SVG in EXI to make it small, then encode
> † it
>
> † <Yves> but it would need an extension as exi is not utf-8
>
> † Thomas: perhaps we could come up with a subset of svg that narrows
> † more the scope of the complex spatial fragment
> † ... this would require to precisely specify which regions we want,
> † 2D only?, circles, polygons
>
> † Raphael: tracking images over the time?
>
> † Thomas: CSS has animations, do they consider this?
>
> † Raphael: we could invite one representant of this use case in a
> † upcoming telecon
>
> † <tomayac> hoping not to open a pandora box...
>
> 6. AOB
>
> † <tomayac> [23]http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/mediafragments.html
>
> † † [23] http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/mediafragments.html
>
> † Summary: we need to have a telecon for reviewing test cases, a
> † telecon with Adisson for I18N, a telecon with Europeana for
> † discussing ISSUE-21
> † ... so we need MORE people MORE often
>
> † Raphael: for Safari bug, ping eric.carlson@apple.com and
> † singer@apple.com
>
> † <tomayac> pardon my ignorance ;-)
>
> † No telecon next week because of the WWW conference
>
> † Next telecon is on April 6th
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> † [End of minutes]
> † † _________________________________________________________
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
> 2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
> Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
> Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
>
>
Received on Sunday, 27 March 2011 05:01:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:46 UTC