W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > June 2011

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 June, Telecon *0900 UTC*

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:27:12 +0200
Message-ID: <BANLkTimtWeLxvQrR8kP5EFfhV8MALw+4zw@mail.gmail.com>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear RaphaŽl, Erik, all,

Sigh :-( Have to send regrets again: EU project plenary meeting in
Paris. I have voted on the poll, though.

Best,
Tom

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 08:23, RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr> wrote:
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Please, find attached the agenda for this week telecon,
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=06&day=29&year=2011&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> The main goal of this telecon is to vote for transitioning to CR.
> You *all* need to answer the questionnaire at
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/spec-splitting/
>
> We will also continue to discuss the test cases prepared by Davy, see:
> †- http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.html
> †- http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases.html
> Best regards.
>
> Erik & RaphaŽl
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2011-06-29
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 29 June *09:00-10:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=06&day=29&year=2011&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> 22 June 2011, 0900 UTC
> † † † † † † 0200 (West US)
> † † † † † † 1000 (Galway)
> † † † † † † 1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
> † † † † † † 1800 (Tokyo)
> † † † † † † 1900 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.26.46.79.03
> Bridge UK: +44.203.318.0479
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: Erik
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Regrets: Raphael
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by members
> and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/06/22-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * ACTION-230: Raphael to open a questionnaire for splitting out or not (the
> section 5.2 of) the spec
>
> 2. SPEC MAINTENANCE: [Editors]
> * ACTION-229: Raphael to bring the CSS/SVG/Media Fragments possible issues
> to the CG group
> ** Boris: Concerns about backwards compatibility of media fragments (See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0014.html)
> ** Fantasai: [css3-images] Features Overview (See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0019.html)
>
> * DIFF Files:
> **
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/lc1-lc2-diff.htm
> **
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/lc2-cr-diff.htm
>
> 3. HTML5 Bugs: [Silvia]
> * See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723 (stoping at the
> end of temporal fragment)
> ** Pending implementations from Philip and Chris
> * See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12425 (UI for temporal
> fragment)
> ** Closed: we agree with Hixie's decision
> * See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12426 (loop)
> ** Pending: will the loop attribute be deprecated at all?
> * See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12427 (UI for spatial
> fragment)
> ** Pending the resolution of the discussion in the CG group
> * See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12643 (src changed by
> script)
> ** Silvia: is it really related to Media Fragments?
>
> 4. WHATWG Liaison: [Philip]
> * MultiTrack API, ISSUE-152: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
> * Hixie suggestion:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0436.html
>
> 5. TEST CASES: [Davy]
> * ACTION-223: Raphael to start up a thread for discussion and approval of
> all test cases for the UA for the temporal dimension
> * ISSUE-10 [Michael]: Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance
> ** See also:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0048.html
> ** Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html
> * ACTION-227: Chris to announce a link to a nightly implementing part of the
> media fragment spec
>
> 6. OTHER COMMENTS AND ISSUES
> * Chris Double:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0099.html
> * ISSUE-17 [Yves]: Media Fragment track names and IRIs
> ** See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html
> ** Invite Adison in a telecon ASAP
> * ISSUE-20 [Yves]: Create a IETF draft at CR stage explaining what the media
> fragment semantics will be for video/*, image/*, audio/*
> * ISSUE-21 [Raphael]: Expressing complex regions with a reference in Media
> Fragments URI
> ** Robert Sanderson:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jul/0010.html
> ** Bernhard Haslhofer:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0000.html
>
> 7. Use Cases and Requirements:
> * From Ericsson (media fragment URI for video chat):
> https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/beyond-html5-conversational-voice-and-video-implemented-webkit-gtk
> * From Google: SemWebVid?
> * From HTTP Streaming?
> * Image sprite in HTML5:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0061.html
> ** Specify how to render Media Fragments in UA? Write a reply to HTML5?
> * From NEC:
> ** WIKI ?
>
> 8. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
> 2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
> Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
> Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
>
>



-- 
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.
http://blog.tomayac.com, http://twitter.com/tomayac
Received on Tuesday, 28 June 2011 09:28:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:46 UTC