W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > June 2011

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 15 June, Telecon *0900 UTC*

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:54:39 +0200
Message-ID: <4DF7A05F.5060904@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find attached the agenda for this week telecon, 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=06&day=15&year=2011&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

The main goal of this telecon is to finalize the discussion around the 
last dimension renaming (chapter?, id?, cue?). We should be able to vote 
for transitioning to CR on the 22/06 which will require to prepare a 
number of diff files.

We will also continue to discuss the test cases prepared by Davy, see:
   - http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.html
   - http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases.html
Best regards.

Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2011-06-15
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 15 June *09:00-10:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=06&day=15&year=2011&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

15 June 2011, 0900 UTC
              0200 (West US)
              1000 (Galway)
              1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
              1800 (Tokyo)
              1900 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.26.46.79.03
Bridge UK: +44.203.318.0479
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Raphael, Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Regrets: none

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by 
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon: 
http://www.w3.org/2011/06/08-mediafrag-minutes.html

2. SPEC MAINTENANCE: [Editors]
* ACTION-218: Jack to carefully review the changes made by Davy that 
will most likely be all over the place
* ACTION-221: Davy to fix the #t=10, in Section 4.2.1 which is invalid	
* ACTION-222: Davy to adapt Section 5.2.3 so that the server can also 
send back the mapping in terms of byte ranges
* ACTION-224: Raphael to send a reply to the 4 commenters
** Silvia (concerning ACTION-203): Build a Media Fragment URI Parser In 
JavaScript (See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0010.html)
** Boris: Concerns about backwards compatibility of media fragments 
(See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0014.html)
** Fantasai: [css3-images] Features Overview (See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0019.html)
** Chris Double: Temporal media fragment for HTML media questions (See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0037.html)

3. HTML5 Bugs: [Silvia]
* See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723 (stoping at 
the end of temporal fragment)
* See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12425 (UI for 
temporal fragment)
* See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12426 (loop)
* See: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12427 (UI for 
spatial fragment)

4. WHATWG Liaison: [Philip]
* MultiTrack API, ISSUE-152: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
* Hixie suggestion: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0436.html

5. TEST CASES: [Davy]
* ACTION-223: Raphael to start up a thread for discussion and approval 
of all test cases for the UA for the temporal dimension
* ISSUE-10 [Michael]: Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance
** See also: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0048.html
** Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html

6. OTHER COMMENTS AND ISSUES
* Chris Double: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0099.html
* ISSUE-17 [Yves]: Media Fragment track names and IRIs
** See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html
** Invite Adison in a telecon ASAP
* ISSUE-20 [Yves]: Create a IETF draft at CR stage explaining what the 
media fragment semantics will be for video/*, image/*, audio/*
* ISSUE-21 [Raphael]: Expressing complex regions with a reference in 
Media Fragments URI
** Robert Sanderson: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jul/0010.html
** Bernhard Haslhofer: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0000.html

7. Use Cases and Requirements:
* From Ericsson (media fragment URI for video chat): 
https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/beyond-html5-conversational-voice-and-video-implemented-webkit-gtk
* From Google: SemWebVid?
* From HTTP Streaming?
* Image sprite in HTML5: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0061.html
** Specify how to render Media Fragments in UA? Write a reply to HTML5?
* From NEC:
** WIKI ?

8. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 14 June 2011 17:55:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:46 UTC