W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > December 2011

minutes of 2011-12-07 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:32:30 +0100
Message-ID: <4EDF78FE.7050108@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

For the record, the minutes of today's phone telecon is ready for review 
at http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text 
format below).

   RaphaŽl

---------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
07 Dec 2011
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Dec/0004.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           +421209aaaa, raphael, +421209aabb, Yves, Erik, Davy, Chris,
           Silvia, (irc)
    Regrets
           Thomas
    Chair
           Raphael, Erik
    Scribe
           raphael
Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. ADMIN
          2. [6]2. SPEC
          3. [7]3. Approval of last test cases
          4. [8]4. AOB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 07 December 2011

1. ADMIN

    <doublec> haha, yes, need more people

    <doublec> silvia was here earlier

    <silvia> can I be here just on irc for now?

    PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last telecon:
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html

    +1

    <doublec> +1

    <Yves> +1

    minutes accepted

2. SPEC

    Raphael: is there a minimal delay before transitioning to PR

    Yves: it is written in the CR
    ... in the spec, written until December 8th!

    Raphael: for me, we have 4 features at risk
    ... track and id dimensions
    ... smpte and clock for specifying time in the temporal dimension
    ... is there more ?

    <doublec> that sounds right to me

    <doublec> that's correct

    <Yves> for smpte and clock; clock is used for streaming, but we
    don't have implementation, smpte is more tuned to boardcasters

    <Yves> raphael: talked to Jack, smpte was in smil but not tested

    <Yves> there are no implementation, so it would be ok to get them
    out of the spec, but move it to another document (note)

    <Yves> same for track and id

    <Yves> someone in the future can take this (or just implement it)

    <Yves> we should have media fragment 1.0 basic, and media fragment
    advanced, a note containing everything not implemented (smpte,
    clock, time, protocol, rtsp)

    <Yves> Yves: sounds good

    <doublec> doublec: I think that's a good approach

    <silvia> Yves: sounds good

    Raphael: and do you agree that track and id SHOULD also go in this
    second document in the note?

    Erik: dependance on the HTML5 media track api, so based on the
    rationale we keep on the spec only what is _now_ implemented
    ... and we move the rest in the note so that people can implement it
    in the future

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to mail the group about the decision of what
    will be in the spec and what will not [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-247 - Mail the group about the decision of
    what will be in the spec and what will not [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due
    2011-12-14].

    Raphael: is there people who want to give a entire fresh look at the
    spec?
    ... I personnally want, and plan to do that the week before
    Christmas

    <silvia> feel free - as long as it's still readable :-)

    Erik: should we transition between Christmas and New Year Eve?
    ... I don't want that a decision taken early in January is refused
    because out of the charter?

    Yves: we need to check with Philippe but I'm confident

    Erik: let's make things clear
    ... Between Chrismas and New Years Eve ... the spec should be frozen
    (edited by Raphael)
    ... Implementation report should be frozen (edited by davy)
    ... the spec will be finalized *before* Christmas

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik to write a mail with our timeline to check
    approval with Philippe [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-248 - Write a mail with our timeline to
    check approval with Philippe [on Erik Mannens - due 2011-12-14].

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to tidy up the spec before December 24th
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-249 - Tidy up the spec before December
    24th [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2011-12-14].

    <scribe> ACTION: davy to tidy up the implementation report before
    December 24th [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-250 - Tidy up the implementation report
    before December 24th [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2011-12-14].

    Raphael: we could then transtion to PR as soon as all documents are
    frozen

3. Approval of last test cases

    Davy: nobody disagree with the test cases, could be we formally
    approve them?
    ... these are the last 4 test cases

    Raphael: no disagreement?

    Test cases approved

    Raphael: suggest to make 2 sections in the implementation report,
    one with the feaures of the spec, and one with the features in the
    note (at risk)

4. AOB

    ACTIOn-245?

    <trackbot> ACTION-245 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to clarify whether
    Dailymotion will provide an implementation or not -- due 2011-12-07
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/245

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/245

    scribe: following up this action given the reply received today by
    Dailymotion
    ... temporal dimension only for a Flash player

    Raphael!:

    s/Raphael!:/Raphael: Other implementation from Europeana
    [16]http://dme.ait.ac.at/annotation/ and the JS library at
    [17]http://yuma-js.github.com/index.html

      [16] http://dme.ait.ac.at/annotation/
      [17] http://yuma-js.github.com/index.html

    scribe: should we contact them for an implementation report

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik to contact the Europeana developers to check
    the feasibility of having a new implementation report [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-251 - Contact the Europeana developers to
    check the feasibility of having a new implementation report [on Erik
    Mannens - due 2011-12-14].

    ACTION-246?

    <trackbot> ACTION-246 -- Erik Mannens to update the issues and close
    the issues that can be closed -- due 2011-12-07 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/246

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/246

    close ACTION-246

    <trackbot> ACTION-246 Update the issues and close the issues that
    can be closed closed

    ISSUE-17?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-17 -- Media Fragment track names and IRIs -- closed

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/17

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/17

    ISSUE-20?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-20 -- Create a IETF draft at CR stage explaining
    what the media fragment semantics will be for video/*, image/*,
    audio/* -- closed

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/20

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/20

    Yves: during the CR transition call, we discuss this and agree that
    we will not edit such a document
    ... the issue can be closed

    Erik: Philippe said he would have a look

    Yves: I will ping Philippe to make sure he agrees with closing this
    issue

    Raphael: do we have a telecon next week?

    Erik: yes, even 10 minutes
    ... for status update

    Raphael: thinking of gathering testimonial

    <doublec> we've documented what we support and what version it'll be
    in btw:
    [22]https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_HTML5_audio_and_video#Spe
    cifying_playback_range

      [22] 
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_HTML5_audio_and_video#Specifying_playback_range

    <doublec> yep, I can do a testimonial

    Raphael: from EURECOM, CWI, IBBT, Mozilla, Silvia?

    <silvia> what do you need?

    Raphael: silvia, think of writing a testimonial when the spec will
    be a REC :-) See examples of testimonials when there are rec

    meeting adjourned

    <doublec> thanks

    <silvia> what, like [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/09/svg1-testimonial ?

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/09/svg1-testimonial

    <silvia> cyall

    <silvia> I sure can do something

    <silvia> I'll likely write a blog post anyway

    yes, silvia, for example

    <silvia> no problem

    scribe: but this is for January :-)

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: davy to tidy up the implementation report before
    December 24th [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to contact the Europeana developers to check the
    feasibility of having a new implementation report [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to write a mail with our timeline to check
    approval with Philippe [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to mail the group about the decision of what
    will be in the spec and what will not [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to tidy up the spec before December 24th
    [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 7 December 2011 14:33:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:47 UTC