W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > October 2010

minutes of 2010-10-20 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:52:10 +0200
Message-ID: <4CBEBBCA.7030507@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-minutes.html  (and in text format
below).

Best regards,

   RaphaŽl

------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
20 Oct 2010
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Oct/0013.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Philip, raphael, davy, jack_(irc), silvia
    Regrets
           Erik, Jack
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael
Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]2. MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION
          3. [7]3. Implementation experiment
          4. [8]4. AOB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 20 October 2010

    <scribe> Scribe: raphael

    <scribe> Scribenick: raphael

1. Admin

    PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 06 October 2010 telecon

    [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <foolip> +1

    <davy> +1

    minutes are accepted

    ACTION-185?

    <trackbot> ACTION-185 -- Yves Lafon to book zakim for the 2 days
    meeting of the group on Mon 1st and Tue 2nd Nov -- due 2010-09-29 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185

    <foolip> November 1 and 2, any time between 0800 and 1800 in UTC+2

    Raphael: for Silvia and Philip, could you write down time slot where
    we can phone you

    <silvia> Monday is better for me than Tuesday - it's both in the
    afternoon/evening for me, I think

    <foolip> in other words, any time is fine, since I'm in the same
    timezone as TPAC

    <silvia> if you start early, I can join in the mornings

2. MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION

    ACTION-189?

    <trackbot> ACTION-189 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to put the top-level
    production rules back into the document (in section 4.3.5 or 4.1) --
    due 2010-10-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/189

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/189

    <silvia> ok

    <foolip> can't say anything until I see the actual suggestion for
    the spec

    Raphael: I will implement the ACTION-189 in the spec and ask all the
    group if we can close this issue

3. Implementation experiment

    Raphael: problem with pixels, are we talking about physical pixels
    or css pixels?

    Silvia: pixels in video are always a problem

    Raphael: I'm looking for a reference that we could use so that any
    developers understand what we are talking about

    Philip: this definition is provided by HTML5 and not CSS

    <foolip>
    [13]http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/vide
    o.html#concept-video-intrinsic-width

      [13] 
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/video.html#concept-video-intrinsic-width

    <foolip>
    [14]http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/video.html#concept-video-intrinsic-
    width

      [14] 
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/video.html#concept-video-intrinsic-width

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to update our spec to talk about video
    intrinsic width [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-190 - Update our spec to talk about video
    intrinsic width [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2010-10-27].

    <foolip> well, there's an issue we discussed at FOMS

    Davy: this issue is solved

    <foolip> ah :)

    Davy: there is indeed too many byte ranges to send to the UA

    <foolip> do you always redirect, or just when number of ranges > n ?

    Davy: therefore, we send a redirect pointing to a media fragment
    with the ?

    <foolip> always seems simpler :)

    Davy: currently, always redirect

    Raphael: the UA issues a new request with the query parameter

    Davy: yes, and we had a Link header pointing to the master resource

    Philip: we could implement that but I really wonder if it is useful
    ... we will always need a specialized server
    ... so the query parameter migt be enough

    Davy: there are other scenarios where the # is useful
    ... we should have both
    ... even if in the retrieval scenario, the # will always be
    converted into the ?

    Philip: what should we do with the name dimension

    Davy: in MP4, refer to the cue points; in Matroska, refer to the
    chapters names

    Philip: OK, yes the chapters are part of WebM

    <silvia> and Ogg can have chapters through a srt chapter track in
    Ogg Kate

    Raphael: ok, so it seems important that we cover the name dimension
    even if it is limited to chapter names!
    ... last issue from Philip, make the hour optional in specifying the
    time dimension
    ... currently, we need one or two digits
    ... but most clips have duration less than 1 hour
    ... but the grammar will be more complicated
    ... because we could then have just one digit for the minutes

    Philip: in WebSRT, the hours are optional

    Raphael: I suggest we discuss this at the F2F

    <silvia> I would support that if you can find a grammar to describe
    it correctly - it's also more complicated to implement then, btw

    Look at the demos at
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/code/plugin/demos/

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/code/plugin/demos/

    Davy: yes, Ninsuna understands range request with SMPTE time codes
    ... and answers with smpte time codes
    ... though I need to check

    Yes Silvia, that's also our conclusion, re the grammar

    scribe: the questio is who is willing to work out this more complex
    grammar? I suggest to hack this during the f2f but if you want to
    work on it before, please feel free

    <silvia> do it with Yves - he is good at that stuff :)

4. AOB

    no other topic to discuss

    meeting adjourned

    <foolip> ok, about the syntax then

    <foolip> it's be simplest to just say that all components are 1 or 2
    digits

    <foolip> ugly, but simpler, and simple is good :)

    :-)

    <foolip> but let's discuss that further later

    we will see what the grammar should loook like, indeed, Yves might
    be able to sort that out elegantly

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to update our spec to talk about video
    intrinsic width [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 20 October 2010 09:55:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:45 UTC