Re: Description of the 2-ways and the 4-ways handshake

On 5 mrt 2009, at 14:44, Raphaël Troncy wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have made my stab on the description of the 2-ways and the 4-ways
> handshake proposal. See http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
>
> All comments welcome! I asked some questions (regarding the first
> HTTP response code in the 4-ways handshake). The pro/cons need also
> to be completed. In particular, I'm not sure about the cachability
> of the resource in both cases?

Raphael,
in the first example (2-way) you make the server return a different
range than the client requested, and also the range returned was nice
and ragged. With the second example, with all the nice numbers, could
something similar be happening too? For a documentation point of view
it might be a good idea to return those same ranges, unless there
really is a difference.
Goldman