Re: Media Fragment URI Syntax: 3 polls now open

Dear Raphael, all,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl> wrote:
>  > I think there is a mistake on the
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXRECTANGLE/ page.
>> The one used by CSS is not xywh, FAIK, but is trbl - see e.g.
>> http://www.css3.com/css-margin/ .
>> So, I think this question has to be corrected and re-asked.
>
> Oups, you're right, I have corrected the question.
> All, please update your answers in light of this new information if you
> think it is necessary.

Firstly I have another feedback on the TRBL specification: in CSS you
can specify negative numbers to go outside the given area. So, the
"Pro" on "not possible to crop outside the media" is not quite
correct. Also, the "Con" on "not usual and confusing" would be wrong,
since it is in use by CSS and everybody who has ever styled a web page
would have used it and gotten used to it.

Could everybody please review their answers to this particular poll
given these backgrounds? In particular since most answers are: choice
of xywh because "it is most common" or "it is in use by CSS" both of
which are incorrect.

Thanks,