Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 02 December, Telecon 1000 UTC

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:08:20 +0100, Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
wrote:

> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=02&month=12&year=2009&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> Yves will be our scribe (Conrad is on deck). Actions opened:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
> Best regards.
>
>    Erik & Raphaël
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-12-02
> Wednesday, 02 December *10:00-11:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=02&month=12&year=2009&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> 02 December 2009, 1000 UTC
>               0200 (West US)
>               1000 (Galway)
>               1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
>               1900 (Tokyo)  *NEW HOUR*
>               2100 (Sydney)  *NEW HOUR*
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
>
> Chair: Raphael
> Regrets: Erik, Jack
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Yves (On Deck: Conrad)
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 25 November 2009
> telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/25-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * Next F2F Meeting? Media Annotations WG will meet 2 days in the week
> Feb 22 - 26, 2010 in Korea. Should we meet there?
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/february-f2f/results
> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> (ongoing ... re-raise around 15/01/10)
>
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
> * ACTION-122: Raphael to drop "-spec" for the short URI of the spec
> document
>
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
>
> 3.1 Media Fragment URI syntax: (Yves)
> * Bug in the npt specification found by Philip:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html
>
> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
> * ACTION-112: Raphael to Propose a digest of Conrad and current's
> proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the
> communication UA server
>
> 3.3 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
> Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):
> [...]

As usual I won't be attending the teleconference, but am already idling in
the IRC channel.

I don't see the issue of processing requirements (e.g. given by a parsing
algorithm) on the agenda, which was the email linked to. As a potential
implementor of MF this is the single most important issue, so I hope it
will be addressed soon.

Is it safe to assume that if an email is sent to the list the editor will
eventually do something (change the spec, ask for more input or reject the
idea) and send a reply by email? I like this method, but if you want spec
bugs in a special bug tracker or similar please just point me there and I
will comply.

Also, do most of the actual discussions in this group happen by
teleconference? The mail traffic is 50% about teleconfs, so that's what it
seems like from the outside (I am a WG member, but an outsider to the
process so far).

Not complaining, just asking.

--
Philip Jägenstedt