From: public-media-fragment-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-media-fragment-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Raphaël Troncy
Sent: dinsdag 14 april 2009 15:57
To: Silvia Pfeiffer
Cc: Media Fragment; 'Davy Van Deursen'; Erik Mannens
Subject: Re: Review of section 8

Dear Silvia,

> Here goes review of section 8....

[Erik has addressed most of these comments this morning.]

I do have some more questions for Davy :-) ... see below.

> Section 8.1
>
> * (minor text change:) first paragraph: replace "There exists already"
> with "There exist already"

I have overwritten this, as my grammar dictionary told me: "There existS
already ..." + singular

> Section 8.2
>
> * if we cannot provide a syntax example for Metacafe, Dailymotion, or
> Microsoft IIS, we should leave them out, because they do not
> contribute anything

Agree. I have slightly reformatted this part and largely reformat the
rest of the Section 8, I hope it is now more readable.

> Section 8.3.1.3 MPEG-21
>
> * can we have a reference to a Web page that explains this stuff here?
> * what are the "iloc" and "tkhd" boxes?

Davy?

> * in the "mask()" paragraph, I do not understand what is meant by a
> binary (1-bit deep) mask - can you explain? This also applies to
> section 8.3.1.3.4 which I do not understand either (and the sentence
> in the <eg> example is cut off).

Davy?

> Section 8.3.2.1 SMIL
>
> * 8.3.2.1.2 fourth paragraph claims that the coords attribute is
> compatible with HTML - might be worth stating CSS as well
> * 8.3.2.1.3 last sentence should read "Yet, no such implementations
> are known." to make the sentence neutral

done.

> Section 8.3.2.2 MPEG-7
>
> * 8.3.2.2.2 should add after the example what it actually describes.
> Something like: "This MPEG-7 example describes a spatial mask called
> "speaker" which is given by the coordinates (40, 300), (105,210),
> (???), (320,240)." (and can somebody please clarify what that middle
> bit is?)

"???" meant to be "..." for reflecting the complete definition of the
polygon.

> * 8.3.2.2.2 should also clarify what the <box> definition is - what do
> those numbers actually mean?

I think the coordinates written as float.

> * 8.3.2.2.3 should add how to address such a thing - would it be
> http://example.com/fragf2f.mp7#id=speaker ?

Erik?

> Section 8.3.2.4 TimedText
>
> * this is very bare and does not show any hyperlinking at all; unless
> we have an idea how hyperlinking works in TimedText we should either
> drop this or make an editorial note that we require clarification on
> this

I guess Thierry could provide that.

> Section 8.3.2.5 HTML5
> * it might be possible to write something like this:
>   "Currently, HTML5 relies on the abilities of the used media format
> for providing media fragment addressing. Here is an example using Ogg:
> (enter Ogg examples). In future, HTML5 is planning to adopt the
> fragment URI specifications of this document for providing fragment
> addressing. Input from the WHAT and HTML working groups is requested."

I have added this note.

> Section 8.3.2.6 TV-Anytime
>
> * 8.3.2.6.1 In contrast to all other section here, the TV-Anytime
> section does not include examples of how to use a
> temporal/spatial/named document example and URI address it. Instead,
> this section contains extracts from the specification of the
> TV-Anytime language. This section is basically unreadable and unusable
> because of that. I found it hard to wade my way through from
> tva:TimeBaseReference, tva:TVAMediaTimeType, and
> tva:fragmentIdentification to the specification of
> TimeBaseReferenceType through to mpeg7:mediaTimePointType and
> mpeg7:MediaRelIncrTimePointType and their specifications. Can we
> please rather have a TV-Anytime example document with some actual time
> points in them? Or can we just ditch this whole paragraph an say that
> TV-Anytime uses the MPEG-7 specification to define media fragments?

Agree, Erik, what do you think?
Cheers.

   Raphaël

--
Raphaël Troncy
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093

iMinds 2009, an interactive conference.
Innovation * incubation * inspiration
May 12th 2009
ICC Ghent
www.iminds.be

INCA09 ­ Innovative and Creative Applications
Check www.inca-award.be