Re: Combining media fragments with other time-clipping methods

>On 26 nov 2008, at 01:27, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>>Hi Jack, all,
>>
>>This is indeed a very fundamental problem and has to do with exposing
>>the context of the resource or not. I am very torn on this issues.
>>
>>For example, when a browser plays back
>>http://www.example.com/myvideo.ogg#t=20s in a Web browser for a HTML5
>>video element, would we want to see the timeline with an offset or
>>without?

t=20s could be:
* a clip from 20s to 20s
* the whole myvideo, but start playing at 20s (as if the user had
dragged teh slider to 20s before playback)
* 20s to the normal end of the media, with material before 20s removed

The first is not very useful, but both the others are.  However, the
second is not a fragment, but a start-playing-at.
--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.